Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Thing 2: What is Library 2.0

Over the past several years I have noticed business’s, services etc. moving towards the internet and its ability to make their services more accessible. It was only a mater of time before our patrons would expect us to follow suit. We need to acknowledge the fact that our patrons find it easier to Google than find a parking place. Can we blame them? Who wouldn’t like to do more from the comfort of home? Is this technology over my head? You bet it is. Though 23 Things on a stick I hope to become a part of this wonderful technology as opposed to waiting for it to happen around me.

Our patrons want to have access to everything via the internet we have seen pictures of future libraries moving in this direction. We as libraries have an obligation to provide them with digital collections. I see a few changes toward a digital library but am learning that it is only the tip of the iceberg.

Time will definantely be an issue. At this time I will not be able to commit to daily postings. Hopefully as I become more familiar with Web 2 tools I will be able to narrow my time down

No comments: