Monday, March 3, 2008

Thing 10: Wiki's

Wiki's are a great way to share /edit information. I was on a team where several of my co-workers and I set up our libraries staffnet on a wiki. Once I caught on it was addicting and fun. I think wiki's will be a round for a while.

I looked at several of the wiki examples. I liked Book Lovers from Princeton it is a great way for readers advisory. I added my name to the Library Success wiki under library Camp, wishing that I could attend. Of course I ventured into Wiki sandbox being a kid at heart but I didn't play to long. I use wikipedia fairly often as a quick fix to understanding something. I like the way they put it in easy English.

I don't like the idea of banning anything. Although I can understand if the teachers/faculty are trying to get the students to use other tools.

No comments: