Monday, March 17, 2008

Thing 13: Online Productivity Tools

Through 23 things I have become familiar with iGoogle so that is my start page. I arranged it with news, weather, calendar, to do list etc. At work it will not be my permanent homepage, but possibly on my home computer. As I explore Ta da list and remember milk my mind races I think these pages are busy with lots of clutter.
At work if I didn’t already have access a calendar program I would consider adding a Google calendar. These online calendars are a great way to keep patrons informed about the library and what’s happening. Backpack gave too many hands the opportunity to edit. As far as a to do list I like jotting down a list while I have coffee. I don’t think I would bother to log on to create a list and I know I would not periodically check it. Besides I do like the satisfaction of crossing things off. Countdown although I am getting frustrated getting it to link on my blog would be fun. I will try again later and use it if I have some exciting event coming up just to psych myself up.

No comments: