Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Thing 20: Libraries and Social Networks

I set up a account with both Facebook and MySpace. What a great tool to use to keep in touch with people. I like the way you can join groups that share your interests.

In Facebook I found a co-worker and invited another to join. I search for my 17 year old niece and found her but was unable to access her because she was in a school group and you needed to be a student to join. But I was able to send her a surprise email.

MySpace I invited some co-works to join and was going to look at some of the other members when I ran into their moods: amorous, aggressive I decided I couldn't handle them so I left them to their moods and posted a simple blog.

Hey check out this webpage, http://www.mbmpl.org/myspace.html. Denver’s MySpace Page is impressive. Libraries can use Facebook and MySpace to promote/post upcoming events, chat about books etc. I did notice that Meg Cabot has a page, what a great way for people to get to know her and interact with her. I did have fun but I can't say I'm a total fan. Maybe if I wouldn't listen to the negative publicity.

No comments: